Skip to main content

Beauty of Life



Every night a white cat comes home to sleep on my bed n leaves the next morning. Then I do not see her for the entire day..even if I go looking for her, I don't find her anywhere. But then at night when I open my door, there she is waiting patiently for me to welcome her into my house so she can sleep on my bed like the royalty she is. 
This had happened earlier, then it stopped.
Then unexpectedly i come home one night, n she's lying on my welcome mat outside my door, sleepy, looking at me as if to ask, ' where have u been? I have been waiting here '. 
I open my door n she walks right in as if she belongs, explores the entire house all over again n then jumps on my bed n goes right to sleep.
Come morning,her meowing wakes me up, demanding to be let out. 
N the cycle begins again. Mind you..she never eats in my house nor has she marked it yet. I m a vegan so perhaps I think she doesn't like vegan food. Well, I don't force her..not that you can force a free spirit.
By now, u must be wondering what my point is with all this rambling about a cat. Big deal..u think in ur mind. 
Yes it is a big deal... you know why...
There comes a point in one's life when we cant seen to motivate ourselves...like a mid life crisis where you start wondering what all the fuss about life was about n how though u tried n tried u cudnt make your life stand out. 
I took control of my life back when I decided to quit on my abusive marriage n live on my terms rather than just survive the way society decrees. I did well for a while n then I guess I became complacent with my lifestyle n forgot what courage it took to make that life possible for myself. 
I lost track of myself somewhere along the way n again fell back to just being instead of living. N fell to the extent that when the wakeup call came, I was so shaken up that I contemplated suicide even coz sadly I realized that the motive that had driven me that time doesn't exist for me anymore. So now what?!!! 
While I m see sawing with my decisions, in walks this angel ...Shona I have decided to christen her. She comes every night, my own White Knight in shining armour looking at me knowingly, telling me with her eyes...relax darling...there's always tomorrow. You still have something to look forward to every day..even if that something right now is just my nocturnal visit. There is hope, there is love... see..she says...look, how much u love me... u can't give up...u can never give up...be happy..be smiling... u don't know it but ur luck has already begun to change...u cant see it but the silver lining on ur horizon is getting stronger n brighter. 
Keep faith my lovely....she says as she gives me one last look as she sashays her back on her way out in the morning.

Comments