Skip to main content

Schindler's list

Ever since I turned vegetarian about three years ago, it had been on my mind that I want to turn vegan as soon as I can make the transition. The only thing that kept me from becoming one was the taste of curd n buttermilk, chocolates n ice cream that I loved so much. N then one day about four months ago the time came when I suddenly turned vegan. I started giving away all my leather clothing n accessories n doing the small things that helped me transition into veganism. And then I realized that it's all in the mind just like I did when I had turned vegetarian.
It's not as much as the requirement of ur body demanding those things as much as making up ur mind to make the transformation.
Yesterday I was watching Schindler's list. I didn't catch the entire movie but just the last fifteen mins or so. However it made me cry when all the women n children that Schindler paid for ended up at Auschwitz instead of where they were supposed to go..to their husbands n a form of freedom. My heart thudded with fear when I saw the women look at the smoke coming out of the chimney n seeing those people walk into that room n the realization dawning in their eyes that that smoke was the result of all those burning bodies. I cried at the end when Schindler had to flee. I broke down when he expressed his guilt at the regret of not being able to save more people, when he says one gold button of his cud probably have saved two more or at least one more life. I cried when I read that he was eventually cleared of all charges n honored by the Jews to the extent of him planting a tree in the path of the right(or so its called I can't exactly remember). However i do remember how it made me feel.. I who claim that I don't feel anything for humans in trouble but I feel terribly for animals in distress.
N the thought crossed my mind that the animals in this world r going to Auswitch every single day. N what we need r Schindlers in this world for animals. And there are Schindlers in this world trying to rescue animals from their Auschwitz.
Isn't it time for the world to realise that each n every one of us needs to become a Schindler so that there r no more Auschwitzs left in this world. That for the to be peace in this world from all the cruelty n violence we see in this world against animals n humans, the Auschwitzs in this world have to come to an end.
Even if we save one animal, it would be a homage to our life n the world we live in. Think about it.

Comments

  1. Good analogy and great thought! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anuradha. Sorry for the late reply. Haven't logged in for a while now.

      Delete

Post a Comment